Yesterday presented some interesting challenges. We were heading out to Rhododendron to visit a friend, and this was the first time we were going to be away from the house for an extended period. We knew that we would have a hard time finding SCD-legal foods in a tiny hamlet in the foothills of Mt. Hood. We ended up packing a cooler of stuff to bring along. Something tells me that this is going to be a fairly standard MO.
- Homemade SCD-legal granola
- Black Coffee
This was the tricky meal. We ended up eating a sizable snack while driving, which consisted of:
- Chilled beef and lamb meatballs
- Aged provolone cheese
- Trail mix
After we got home, we had lunch.
- Sliced apple with peanut butter
- hard boiled eggs
- fresh strawberries
- Broiled pole-caught coho salmon
- Left over veggies from the last few nights all mixed together… chard, zucchini, spinach, onions and herbs, sauteed into deliciousness
- Yogurt parfait with granola and strawberries